Friday, January 23, 2009

Marcel Speaks On How He Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: October 18, 2008

How he knew his wife was the one for him:

Let me just say, I am not going to give your audience any fluff or a romanticized answer. And I’m not mincing any words—I’m going straight for what matters the most to me—the spiritual.

How I knew wasn’t of my own doing, but the process of allowing God to minister to me, us, and break old cycles. How I knew? It was after I implored God to have mercy and help this sinner’s eyes see through New Lenses, to serve her instead of my own selfish ideals. How did I know? When I finally allowed my role in the relationship to model God’s character--learn acceptance and unconditional love, and seek His will. How I finally knew??? Once I was totally broken. That’s when I was ready. And that’s when she became my wife.


What he loves about her mind: Her character enveloped in her integrity, honesty, self-awareness and godly intuition. Her sweet and delicate demeanor. Her loving and understanding ways. I love her patience and how she processes things through. She is slow to anger, considers the source of her emotions, and responds in love and compassion. And if the situation calls for her to open up a righteous can of whoop-ass, she can take care of business too!

What he loves about her body: In no particular order, a great pair of buns! Her modelesque facial features. Her dimples. Her amazing smile and laughter. Nice long legs. Her 5’9” height, because I’m 6’3”. Her smooth skin--I like how she feels lying against me.


What he loves about her spirit: Her total reliance and surrender to the Almighty God as the ruler of her life…. she walks, talks and listens to God daily. She has incredible inner strength, perseverance, spiritual wisdom, a gift of discernment and an unwavering faith. I love how she exemplifies compassion and grace toward those who are struggling and in need, like the clients she counsels. She brings hope and renewal, and reflects Jesus to the world around her. She embodies God’s feminine side--a true Eve. Captivating and beautiful.


Marcel's advice to single men about marriage:

"Learn how to love unconditionally. Learn to see what a woman looks like through the eyes of God. Learn to be still, not look for a way out, and just let God work in your heart. Let Him chisel away. He does and will shape you with the heart of a godly husband if you allow Him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment