Monday, February 9, 2009

Getahn Speaks On How He Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: August 9, 2008

How he knew his wife was the one for him:

For me, it was reality setting in that this was my best female friend and that friendship can often weather the storms relationships face. Ebele has always been someone I feel free talking with about anything. That’s been the case since the days we used to sit on the benches in high school in Monrovia, Liberia, and hold intimate conversations about faith and life more than 20 years ago.

In many ways, I’ve always been a covering for her. In high school, I tutored her in Shakespeare’s 'Julius Caesar' and provided her support in many other ways over the years. So, it was the coming together of the fact that our souls connected many years ago and God showing me that I was her covering. The connection we made years ago was so powerful that although I dated other women, my heart said to wait to see her again until she came to the States seven years ago. .


What he loves about her mind: She’s a good listener and doesn’t shy away from giving her honest opinion.

What he loves about her body: I love Ebele’s smile, although I joke her that living in Philly for seven years toughened her up to the point that she doesn’t smile enough. I love her body as it has the right proportions.

What he loves about her spirit: I like her sentimental side as in being soft spoken and caring (I get turned off some girls who sound masculine in how they talk or address you.)


Getahn's advice to single men about marriage:

If you find a good one, hold on to her. It’s been a blessing to share memories with Ebele from years ago. But it’s good to go out, date and learn about women. That would help you navigate the differences between men and women and to know what women want once you settle down. Marriage is a lot of work. Go in with an open mind and be prepared to having to change your approach on some things. ”

No comments:

Post a Comment