Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Karen Speaks On How She Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: September 6, 1998

How she knew her husband was the one for her:

After my first date with Quincy, I wrote in my journal, 'I am going to marry Quincy and our babies are going to look just like him.' That was August 1995.

Quincy pursued me like no another! He saw things in me that I couldn't even imagine. His attention was on who I would be. That was really strange to me... yet intriguing. I am seven years older than Quincy. (I broke my rule of not dating anyone more than 4 years my junior.) I would think to myself. What could he possible know?? However, he kept speaking to the real me. No one had ever done that before. That's how I knew he was my husband.


What she loves about his mind: Quincy is not a quitter he will create a solution. This makes me feel safe.

What she loves about his body: I love Quincy's root beer (our favorite drink) brown eyes! They are intense and dreamy.

What she loves about his spirit: Quincy is a person who came into this world knowing---what he could be... what he could do...what his life would look like as a husband and dad. He lives life for the most part without limitations. His spirit is truly free. This helps me to push pass my fears. I can do anything with Quincy believing in me.


Karen's advice to single women about marriage:

“Know what is really important when it comes to the kind of man you want to marry. I had a set of rules that were written in stone like, age, and religious preference. Maybe they should have been written in pencil. By putting those things in there proper place, the door was open for me to meet an extraordinary human being!

Secondly, I would say marry your best friend. Quincy and I dated for three years before we married and we knew each other for two years before that. He is the one person that I just love being around. We talk and laugh a lot. I send him text messages throughout the day---just because. We make sure our three little ones know how much we love each other. If I had to do it all over again, I would absolutely marry Quincy again!”

No comments:

Post a Comment