Wednesday, February 4, 2009

LaDre Speaks On How He Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: March 20, 1999

How he knew his wife was the one for him:

I initially met my wife at Tennessee State University. I saw her in the 'plaza' with her friends, and I approached her.

It was a good conversation, but not the norm. I could not approach her the way I had approached the other women at other events/parties. It was not that the lines wouldn't have worked...she was just different.

Nonetheless, I saw her at a party later that night, and we danced and danced . . . asked her for her number . . .and never called her. I knew what I was about during my college years, and for some reason, I did not want her to be mixed up with LaDre. So, I left TSU in 1991, and I didn't see her or hear from her for over five years.

Then one day, I was driving down Clarksville Highway, and I saw her at the Piggly Wiggly. I followed her to her home, and I paid her a visit the next week. As it turns out, she really did not like me, and despised the fact that I followed her home! However, as God would have it, her sister, Crystal was a member of Born Again Church, and she paid a visit with her on a Sunday that I was singing.

I saw her after service, and still...no love. Well, God spoke to me in 1996 concerning a wife, and it was her! So I was trying to do His job for three long years, but I just got tired because she got no confirmation from God. I just gave up, and I told God, 'I'm done!'

Two months later, Parthenia called and said that God had confirmed what He had spoken to me years ago, and she was ready to move forward ultimately to marriage. Glory! On March 20th, we will have been married for 10 years! Yeah, God is good!


What he loves about her mind: Her commitment to Christ.

What he loves about her body: Her big beautiful eyes...they are so beautiful. And, her style. It is classic and elegant, yet urban.

What he loves about her spirit: She is so consistent, balanced and mature.


LaDre's advice to single men about marriage:

Friendship is foundational. It is a must to create a good foundation of friendship with a prospective mate. Secondly, always be up front and direct with her. It is immature of you as a single man to lead a young lady on in a relationship. You set the standard, and let the standard be integrity and honesty. ”

No comments:

Post a Comment