Saturday, February 14, 2009

Michelle Speaks On How She Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: September 19, 1998

How she knew her husband was the one for her:

Ryan and I have been married over 10 years now. Our anniversary is September 19, 1998.

What first drew me to Ryan, was his charisma; he was always the center of attention and having a great time making people laugh. He didn't seem to care if I noticed him or not, but he gave me his attention when we talked (which was very attractive to me).

We started dating our junior year of high school, just a few weeks before his family moved out of state. We wrote letters and spent countless hours on the phone - he was, and is, a very good writer and he knew how to make me feel special even with the shortest letter.

I knew from the beginning that he was 'marriage material' because one, his family was solid and centered on Jesus. Two, even though he was young, he had a heart to fully work out his faith on his own and so I knew he would make decisions based on what he believed would be God's best for him....which, simply put, made me feel safe with him. And three, he was irresistible to me and I couldn't wait to see him again.

As our relationship grew more serious, I felt confident he was the one because he was driven to make it on his own and not rely on his family for support. He was, and is, my best friend. No one can make me laugh harder than Ryan. I knew that my future children would be safe with him, as well. He challenged my faith and helped it grow stronger and I saw that he could be the spiritual leader of my future family. We definitely didn't do everything right...we messed up and went too far sexually and yet, Ryan was quick to own up to his part in our sin and take full responsibility. Over the years, God has restored and blessed us. We are very grateful for that.


What she loves about his mind: He is very smart but teachable. He reads more books than anyone I personally know - about one a week - because he is always learning and wanting to do things better. He never wants to grow complacent in his life, faith or ministry. That is VERY sexy.

What she loves about his body: The whole package: I love that he has dark hair and eyes and that he tans easily. His lips are super-soft and he is a great kisser :) He is tall...and just super sexy! It really isn't fair - I have the perfect man!

What she loves about his spirit: Ryan is BOLD for Jesus and that is THE biggest turn on. God has given him a huge heart for people who don't know Jesus and he is fiercely intent on making sure that, at our church, there are no hurdles (i.e., dress code, judgmental attitudes etc.) between them and Jesus.


Michelle's advice to single women about marriage:

“Take note of his family; you marry into it and it greatly affects your life. Ask yourself if he already possesses the qualities you want in a dad for your kids. And finally---and most importantly, make sure that Jesus is his Lord and Savior and that he has surrendered his own will to His.”


2 comments:

  1. So true & wise about checking out prospective mate's family! It'll show/tell you a lot about your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree! You and Ryan are a great example of an awesome marriage!

    ReplyDelete