Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stephanie Speaks On How She Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: May 22, 1999

How she knew her husband was the one for her:

Great question! I had just ended a relationship of three (plus) years that I should have ended long before and had no desire to become involved in another relationship. I worked for the United States Postal Service and this is where I met my husband.

I totally brushed him off the first couple of times he would try to speak to me because I was not looking to get into another relationship so soon after ending the previous one…I did not want to be bothered. But, he was very persistent. I got excited when he told me he was a Mechanical Engineering major at Tennessee State University. I immediately thought, 'Hmm, at least he has some intelligence.' So I decided to give him a chance.

After having a few small chats with him, we started going to some breaks together. Then it got to a point that we would spend every break together, laughing and talking. What was so interesting and different about our developing relationship was that it was very unconventional. We did not do the 'dating thing'... going out to dinner, going to the movies, etc. Not that any thing’s wrong with that---we just chose to handle our relationship differently. I really appreciated this approach in our relationship because it was unique to both of us. I know we became closer because of it.

Now, I will say, I thought he was a bit strange when he would follow me home from work to make sure I made it home safely. (Huh? Who does that?) No one I had ever been involved with before. We also chose not to engage in a physical relationship. (Again, who does that?!?) No one I had ever been involved with before. We wanted to 'know' each other on our wedding night. Now that’s a good story!

I gained a greater love and respect for him...for his kindness, caring spirit and thoughtfulness. This is when I knew that he was the one! We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on May 22, 2009. 10 years…wow!


What she loves about his mind: I love that he's a good leader...that he is ambitious and creative.

What she loves about his body: I love his muscular build (well when he used to have it…just kidding!) and smile; he has pretty teeth.

What she loves about his spirit: Has a sweet and loving spirit and will do anything for me. He's very entertaining too!


Stephanie's advice to single women about marriage:

“Truly grasp what it means to love (I Cor.13:4-8-AMP). Love yourself. If you don’t love yourself, it is very difficult to love others. No matter what the situation or problem be willing to forgive and forget. It is the best medicine. God knows what He is talking about!”

No comments:

Post a Comment