Friday, February 13, 2009

Ryan Speaks On How He Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: September 19, 1998

How he knew his wife was the one for him:

Michelle and I started dating our junior year of high school. I have to be honest... it was really her looks that drew me in at first. After dating for a year, I became sold on her as 'wife potential'. We had always talked about marriage, but dating her for that time had shown me her depth of character, spiritual maturity, and tenderness; the things I knew I wanted in a wife and mother of my children. (We now have three.)

We had a short breakup around that time that also accelerated my decision to marry her. It was during that time that I knew how much she meant to me and how I wanted to spend my life with her. So... I 'fought' for her.
Pursued and wooed, you know?

Actually, I am not a big believer in the 'right person'. Frankly, we're all 'wrong' for each other, aren't we? It's only our dependence on Jesus that makes things work.
With the cross before me, we have a chance at wholeness.

After more than 10 years of marriage, I am happier than ever...and growing up with the love of my life has given me a joy beyond measure.


What he loves about her mind: She's a great student---she's intelligent...she has a high emotional intelligence with a whole lot of empathy for the underdogs of the world.

What he loves about her body: I love her teeth - they're perfect! I love lots more but it's not appropriate for the global Internet parade .

What he loves about her spirit: Her laugh is her spirit! She is so full of joy and has a zest for life. She really loves our kids...and that means a lot to me.


Ryan's advice to single men about marriage:

“Conversation is key. She needs to know that we're good - every day! And, I have also learned that she'd rather have relational security than financial security. ”


No comments:

Post a Comment