Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ashley Speaks On How She Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: May 19, 2001

How she knew her husband was the one for her:

There wasn't really a moment that I 'knew' he was the one. I was at a point in my life when all of my friends had gotten married, and I was feeling like I would NEVER find the right guy. So every guy I talked to I looked at like a potential boyfriend/husband. I think it showed because I couldn't keep anyone interested for very long. They ran screaming from this crazy lady who was on the hunt for a husband.

When Scott and I went on our first date, it was just very natural. We had endless conversation, and he held his family very close. I inquired about them, and he told me that he doesn't share that personal kind of information on a first date. Weird, sort of, but sweet that he holds his family so close. I'm a very family-oriented person as well. Both of us being so definitely shows now that we have children — we do everything together---rarely if ever taking date nights.

Anyway, the more time we spent together, the more things happened ... little 'signs' showed up ... that made both of us feel like this is who we were meant to be with. And I still believe I'm with the person I'm meant to be with. I met him at a gas station of all places... when I wasn't even looking.”


What she loves about his mind: That it's always working - frustrating at times, but I'd much prefer that versus an idol brain.

What she loves about his body: That he shamelessly flaunts his belly! It's the best after a big, filling meal!

What she loves about his spirit: He has the kindest heart of anyone I've ever known...always seeing the good in every person and situation even when others suggest the opposite.


Ashley's advice to single women about marriage:

"Be comfortable being alone and be satisfied with the woman you are before ever entering into a marriage-level relationship. HOWEVER, knowing who you are and being able to accommodate for another person and your life need to be factors that work TOGETHER. And, they can. Open your heart, quit looking and it'll happen when God wants it to. Like my high school Bible teacher always told us every Friday afternoon: 'God has a wonderful plan for your life. Don't mess it up!'”

No comments:

Post a Comment