Thursday, January 29, 2009

Brandi Speaks On How She Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: November 14, 2005

How she knew her husband was the one for her:

I met Jon my sophomore year of college. I have to say I was not interested. I just wasn’t. I was finished with dating---getting involved and then 'practicing divorce'. Just for me personally, I stopped looking. I wanted the next guy that I dated to be the one. Now, don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t like I was on a wild dating spree before because the truth is I had only dated one guy seriously. But, the emotional guessing games and drama had me over it (dating). I learn quick.

Anyhoo, I met Jon and he just was something different. It kind of threw me off a bit. He was so cool and calm...something that I needed. And conversations with him were so easy. In fact, there was never an awkward moment between us. Even when we had our first conversation about 'us'. I felt more at home with him than I had felt with people I had known my entire life.

We started dating. Things were great. So great, that I broke up with him. I was not used to being in a relationship with someone who was so transparent about his feelings towards me. He was so honest about his feelings towards me...and, so clear about his feelings towards me. It freaked me out. I had never been shown this kind of love. He was so honest without any selfish motives. He just loved ME.

But here is the weird part: Even though I broke up with him, I still wanted to be around him. I didn’t know why. I just did. So one Saturday morning, I randomly gave him a call. Not about anything in particular. Again, I just wanted to be around him...talk to him...whatever. So we talked . Of course I start talking about something trivial like the weather or music (anything so I could here his calm and secure voice) and he starts to express to me how it is hard for him to carry on this 'buddy buddy' relationship.(He saw me as his wife, not just his buddy. He liked me, but most importantly he loved me.) And that’s when I knew that Jon was the one for me.

Even though I had broken up with him for no reason other than him making me happy, he still was jut just as honest about his love towards me. He was still just as clear. And he was most impressively vulnerable, without fear of getting hurt all over again. He did not change. Strong, unshaken, and still calm. I love him.”


What she loves about his mind: I love the way he thinks. He always knows what to say. Under pressure, he can still think clearly.

What she loves about his body: I love his arms. I love to snuggle. And I feel so secure physically and spiritually in his arms. I feel free to be vulnerable without any fear of manipulation. I love his hands because they are rough and manly. No manicure here.

What she loves about his spirit: I love the fact that my husband is so spiritually free. Anyone, who knows him knows that Jon is so honest. He never feels the need to be something he is not, or do something just to impress. He is free in his Creator.


Brandi's advice to single women about marriage:

"My advice to all my single ladies (Beyonce's theme song in the back—-sorry).

Don’t look. Be open. Get in tuned with yourself and your Creator. God knows what you need and really want.

No comments:

Post a Comment