Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Victor Speaks On How He Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: August and December 1996

How he knew his wife was the one for him:


When we met it was strictly business and that was the main focus. I got to notice later that there was a friendship that was developing and it was natural. We have a lot in common, which made for great conversations and holding hands and touching one another across the
oceans. When she said she is ready for her 'real calling' and to find God's heart, it made me sit up and notice; 'Ah, a woman who is after God's own heart.'

For me, that was a great word to hear; a spiritual woman who wants to embark on a God journey was more like, 'Yes, that is, as they say, music to my ears'. When I spoke to my mother, all she wanted to know was can she pronounce the word, "Isinkwa"(Bread) and I said, 'Not yet', and mom said, 'Well then she is the one because you said when you were young that you will marry someone who cannot pronounce the name, 'Isinkwa'.


What he loves about her mind: Her natural God-given beauty (inside and out) is attractive because that can be a representative of so many qualities and values that keep unveiling themselves as time goes on!

What he loves about her body: Most women go to lengths to get their eyebrows right, their skin tone even and “natural” red lips. With me, I know all the time who is sleeping next to me and in the morning, she looks like the same woman that I went to sleep with.

What he loves about her spirit: That serving God and honoring his Word are always top priorities to her. She desires to please him, which pleases me.


Victor's advice to single men about marriage:

"Take your time and let God decide, like He did for Adam, that it was not good for him to be
alone. THEN let God hand-pick a helpmate for you. One who has been approved by God is the best one!”

No comments:

Post a Comment