Thursday, January 22, 2009

Won Speaks On How He Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: May 24, 2002

How he knew his wife was the one for him:

Honestly, without sounding too spiritual, it was a divine thing. Caroline was celebrating her 21st birthday at the time and I was a recent grad from college. I never noticed her before in a romantic sense, but when we yelled 'Surprise' as she walked through the door, my heart literally jumped. She was glowing and radiating. I was asking people around me, 'What's up with her?' Then I was told that she just finished a 40-day fast, and today was the day she was breaking it.

It hit me how much this girl loved the Lord and was so confident in who God was making her. At 21, she had the maturity of a woman long past those years. I set to my mind to get to know her better. I liked her instantly, but for her, she grew into it, especially after some nudging from the Lord (that's a story onto itself). Short version, she finally fell in love with me after we got to know each other better, but I was hook line and sinker the moment I saw God all over her. I know, sounds spiritual, but that moment was one of the few times I just sensed it was completely right.”


What he loves about her mind: She is exceptionally sharp, and there's a feisty stubbornness about her that is adorable and annoying all at once. She has standards that she never strays from.


What he loves about her body: She has the cutest profile, and when she prays and cries out to the Lord, I sense His ears leaning toward her.

What he loves about her spirit: She's restless for the great things of God. She never settles for mediocrity. And she's passionate...no doubt in her at all.


Won's advice to single men about marriage:

"For the single men out there, the one piece of advice I learned and is still learning is that it really pays dividends to be a man of prayer. I wish I prayed a quarter of the time I do now. There's so much to gain when you completely trust the Lord in every aspect of your life, especially your woman. Prayer will help you in times of temptation, confusion, pride, etc. Prayer is, as my wife tells me, one of the sexiest characteristics a man can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment