Thursday, January 22, 2009

K. Danielle Speaks On How She Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: October 16, 2003

How she knew her husband was the one for her:

"When I saw him, I couldn't stop looking at him and he couldn't take his eyes off me. He was the physical manifestation of my ideal. I thought, 'Damn, he is fine, but why does he look so angry?'

We were both in the Records Office at Tennessee State University trying to sort out mistakes not of our own making. I didn't see him again until nine months later. He was chasing me to class. An old woman in a black coat (in the heat of September) was seated in the building, right next to the door. Upon my entering, she said, 'Stop. Someone is running after you.' So, I stopped, and there he was. When we both turned around, she was gone. Ghost! As if she had never been there. To this day, we still believe she was an angel sent from the Divine to make good on our formal introduction.

A few days after being together, we were already talking marriage. We got married just three weeks after I graduated from college and divorced seven months later. That experience is a testimony to the toll toxic in-laws can have. We reunited in 2003, and it's just as natural as the first-time, but made with more mature mettle than before."


What she loves about his mind: These many years later (11 since we met), we still have great talks about current events, religion, politics and philosophies.

What she loves about his body: His feel - His body is my favorite bed, couch and chair.

What she loves about his spirit: He is a softie, with a stance.


K. Danielle's advice to single women about marriage:

"Pick his socks up off the floor sometimes. A second of inconvenience is better than an hour of avoidable drama. As long as health permits, try to look as good as you did when you met. Keep those legs shaved and work out after those babies. "



No comments:

Post a Comment