Monday, January 26, 2009

Mike Speaks On How He Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: March 25, 1979

How he knew his wife was the one for him:

“I can honestly say, this was God's choice because, like so many of the young men in the Church at the time, I had someone in mind but none of us ended up with who we wanted. I was dating a young lady living about 50 miles away and spending train fares on weekend trips---for a number of years I might add. Then, (I can attribute it to the Spirit now) I heard a strong voice say, 'Sonia'. I asked myself many times, 'How did I end up in this relationship?' and for a while I doubted I was doing the right thing. When I mentioned it to my mates, they were as surprised as me.

We got married at age 21 back in 1979 and did we know what we were doing? Would I encourage a 21-year-old to marry today? No way. But, I guess 21 back then must be like 30+ today.

Over the years, God has confirmed His choice for me in the way we have developed as a couple and the other young lives that we have helped to shape. Also, by the support I have always received in whatever area I'm ministering in...in the good times and the lean.”


What he loves about her mind: She's constantly finding a way to encourage. She's also an avid reader and is constantly sharing what she has learned.

What he loves about her body: It's perfect for me...what more can I say? I have no need of spoils.

What he loves about her spirit: It's a good spirit, seeking to bless others. It's forgiving also, especially considering all the stuff she's had to go through, not for herself alone, but in seeing what her family has had to suffer.


Mike's advice to single men about marriage:

"Don't try so hard to find Ms. Right. The way we think and God thinks are different. Take care of God's business and He'll take care of yours. He knows you need a relationship, that's the way he made you, and he knows the best partner for you. Let Him lead the way and you will not be disappointed. I think that seeking someone who you can see with some spiritual attributes has to be at the top of the list because your partner was designed to help you in your growth spiritually and vice versa .”



No comments:

Post a Comment