Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lydia Speaks On How She Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: September 30, 2006

How she knew her husband was the one for her:

I had been in and out of bad relationships for quite some time. Finally after a really bad date I had had enough. I made a full declaration to God that I was done dating! The truth is I could not have been more correct in that statement.

Not much after that I was on MySpace and saw Bryan . He was from my hometown and I more knew of him than anything. I noticed he was in Nashville, too. I 'Friend Requested' him with the thought of carpooling home for the holidays.

We met up and started hanging out as friends. Bryan said he knew from the second he saw me that we were going to be so much more. I resisted and kept on with my 'no dating ever' declaration.

I knew I was in trouble on Valentine’s Day. I personally call the day 'National Singles Awareness Day', and have hated it for as long as I can remember. Bryan asked me if I wanted to go out for Anti-Valentine’s Day to Dave & Busters to play games.

The fight to 'not date' him got even harder. We just had so much fun together and the more we talked the harder it was. We talked about so many things, how we were raised, and our relationships with our families and God, foods we love, places we have been. By the time I got home it was midnight and I had work the next day. I did not want to stop talking to him. I knew right then that this was very different and I was in trouble.

I still say that I was correct in never dating again. Bryan and I did not date. He courted me. He respected me. It was easy. There was no drama. I can honestly say my dating past was never like that. So it all started on February 14, 2006. We were engaged on May 19, 2006 and were married on September 30, 2006. He is my best friend and we still have not run out of things to talk about. Our first child will be arriving some time around the end of April.”


What she loves about his mind: He's level-headed and thinks things out.


What she loves about his body: He has the best laugh and his eyes crinkle in the cutest way when he does. I think that he is at his most handsome then.

What she loves about his spirit: His spirit is one of a gentle leader. He is slow to anger and leads by example.


Lydia's advice to single women about marriage:

"When it is right, it is easy. If you are crying and stressing all the time about some guy, it does not have to be that way. "

No comments:

Post a Comment