Saturday, January 31, 2009

David Speaks On How He Knew

Wedding Anniversary Date: September 4, 2006

How he knew his wife was the one for him:

After not wanting to be monogamous after a terrible relationship in the past, I prayed for an absolute answer. I didn't want to be a player anymore, because it was getting boring--- for me it was too easy to meet women and because of my intellect it was too easy to get what I wanted. I was totally honest, simple and plain... and I gave up on all women for a certain point in time.

Then, by surprise, my wife approached me. We dated for awhile and two years later, I realized God gave me exactly what I asked forand needed in a woman. ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU.


What he loves about her mind: As I grew older, I had to learn exactly what I wanted in a mate...better yet what I needed because sometimes that differs. I love her smarts because she's a thinker, and she really avoids making major mistakes.

What he loves about her body: Her looks are more than enough to keep my attention---no matter who may enter the room.

What he loves about her spirit: She's a person who doesn't speak unless spoken to...as myself. We are both reserved and quiet-spirited...and Christian-minded .


David's advice to single men about marriage:

“To the single guys that may feel like they are ready for marriage know this: I feel that you must learn to become exactly what it is that you want from someone else before you place yourself in someone's life. If you like an honest person - become that. If you like a hard working person-become that. Your actual traits are what's important to a marriage longevity.”

3 comments:

  1. OH MAN! this blog is fantastic! i'm getting married in September and there is SO much great advice in here! of people who really trust God with their lives and how HE makes their marriages work.. LOVE IT! AND!!! the resources! i can't handle it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jon,

    I am the facilitator of the blog. THANK YOU for making the time to let us know that you are benefiting from it. Especially since you are a man, it does my heart good to receive confirmation that this is what God wanted us to do...even if it was just for the sake of you and your future nuptials.

    Can't wait to get your story up on here!

    You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete